Friday, February 02, 2007

The Fast Food Industry

Well who knew Mr. Rapper Wanna-be could cause such a big stink. Well for all of you would do not know what I am talking about. K-Fed appears in a television ad where he works for a fast food restaurant - with dreams of becoming a rap star. Of course day dreaming is not accepting and his boss tells him to concentrate on the fries or something. The National Restaurant Association is upset because they say the ad (a Nationwide Insurance - "life comes at you fast" ad) portrays working in a restaurant as "demeaning and unpleasant". I hate to break this to them but when you are almost 30 years old it can very well be a demeaning and unpleasant experience. Have you seen the way I can be bitching and degrading when I want a cheese burger or the way I scream at fast food restaurant employees when they can't make a taco properly.

Well I guess to get to my point. I really doubt that people's aspirations in life are to grow up to be a fry girl. Get over yourselves National Restaurant Association. I am sure that when I am in desperate need for employment this post will be found and no McDonald's or Taco Bell across the land will hire me but oh well. I hope they will continue to sell cheeseburgers and taco supremes to me.

ted out.

No comments: