Thursday, May 03, 2007

Chapter 2

I was having a hard time trying to decide which piece of poetry I would share today. I have decided that today will be a two poem day.

This one is called Chapter 2 and was written February 9, 2001. I think I should say that sometimes I write poetry based on real life experiences and other times it is pure imagination. Anyway, here you go.

Time is passing
Life with you just isn't the same
I need a way out
I need to get away from the pain
The wind is whistling a song in my ear
As I walk down this deserted street
A song that is telling me the only way out is my feet
I went home that day and tried to pack my bags
But half way through I lost my nerve
So I unpacked my things and lay down to cry
I was hoping that one day you get tired of me and leave
But you seemed happier than ever
And my heart wouldn't let me cut our ties
This feeling churned within me for months on end
I demanded things from you that normal men wouldn't have did
My life was so unbearable I turned to gin
Because I was too weak to let failure win
Soon I realized that drinking wasn’t my thrill
And I notice that the only real life for me
Was in this pen
So I tried it again to pack my bags
This time I made it all the way to the end
Made it to the door just to open it and find you
Standing and staring as if you've been waiting for me to leave
I walked pass you out the door and you didn't dare try
To stop me I don't even think you cared
I walked out of a chapter of a life I'll call despair
I'm still not sure maybe it should be called confusion or fear

No comments: