Thursday, May 03, 2007

New Year's Goals

Well for new years I didn't make resolutions as no one really keeps those but goals seemed less constraining for me.

One of my goals is to cook something new at least once a month.

I thought this would be hard but my love of food has been very good to me.

Oh and these aren't necessarily new foods for me more like new recipes or me trying to cook something for the first time.

So far I have made.

Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Black Bean and Queso Enchilada (although not to difficult)
Chicken Noodle Soup (good but could have been better)

Now I am drawing a blank. Too bad I don't cook for others very often they could help me remember. If I think of more I will post them.

After some thinking and searching I have more to add.

Hot chocolate (awesome recipe)
tasty Chicken Salad
Italian sausage and turkey chili

ted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My latest recipes have been :

* chicken enchiladas
* cheesy baked potato soup
* lasagna (had never made it before)
* seared tuna steaks w/ mango salsa (i didn't actually try this one as i don't eat fish - i made it for quinn and my brother)

we should switch some recipes...

knochie said...

we should. I am all about cooking. I just wish I had a human sized stove. This gnome sized stove just pisses me off. Tomorrow I am making drunken chicken for Cinco de Mayo, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

yeah that stove is little... i'll have you over for dinner at our place - and you can cook :) hows that sound?? use an ACTUAL full human sized kitchen (granted our kitchen isn't huge, but our appliances weren't made for miniature people and we have actual counter space).

pick a day and a meal... let me know what you need and i'll have the ingredients at the house...

(totally down with other people cooking me dinner :P) I cook nice dinners usually 5 or 6 days out of the week, so a break would be cool :P

knochie said...

I will come cook. I just have to figure out what I have been dying to make in a normal stove.

Anonymous said...

sweet =)

I do my grocery shopping on sunday's normally, so just let me know by then and i'll pick stuff up..If you think of something for next wednesday - cool - otherwise i'll cook something for ya anyways and give you some more time to decide what to make;)

now that i have one full sized oven though - i want one of those double ovens so i can bake a dessert while making dinner... that would be cool...

knochie said...

yeah I guess your kitchen will never be perfect until you get to build/design it yourself.