Sunday, June 03, 2007

Let's talk Irony

Well I left my house 45 minutes ago to go to Walgreens 3 1/2 blocks from my house. As I am walking I see all the debris from the big moves that happened on the East Side. I am thinking to myself how I am definitely not a heavy lifter. I hate moving because you have to pack your stuff and carry it twice. Anyway I look up and see a figure that is static on the corner (2 blocks from my apt.). I wanted to avert the situation but I am also lazy and was like I'll pass it. As I get closer I see it is a guy in a wheelchair. This reminded me of the weird guy (in a wheelchair) that lurked around UWM riding the elevators that once you were in the elevator with him would ask women to zip up his pants. Anyway. I get to the corner and this guy starts talking to me and I don't understand him. He says he needs help. I think "SHIT". Too get to the point his power wheelchair has lost most of his power and asked me would I push him to the group home. It is about to rain and this guy is jumping at the sound of thunder. I say ok. Although half way down the block I regret saying yes. He has to use the little power he has in the chair to assist me pushing him. We get to the end of the block I am sure I am having an asthma attack. I keep on trekking. It starts to rain. Sprinkling at first not good. I finally get him to the group home which is across the street from my place. NOW I have to go back to Walgreens. I need a nap.

2 comments:

Pamela Ver Haag said...

Way to go Tam....how nice of you to help out someone in need. You should feel good about yourself!

Anonymous said...

Yea- that was really nice of you - even if in your head you wish'd you would have just walked a different way.

think of what would have happened had you not come along! He'da had to sit there and get soaked.

-jenni