Friday, August 24, 2007

The Internet and television has done it to me again

This one is going (this post) to explore one of my current pet peeves and man does this one bother me.

So I was reading the Pop Candy blog like I like to do every morning. I missed reading yesterday but that's beside the point. I came across an entry that said a Pop Candy reader made a post on her blog about David Milch, Deadwood and John from Cincinnati. That posts leads me to my anger. That people get so stuck in their ways and hate change so much that they would rather have something go on forever than letting creative change happen. I will be the first person to say that I may have some questionable choices in the things that I watch on tv. Anyway. I watched Deadwood and I watched John from Cincinnati and although I had no clue what was going on in John from Cincinnati my curiosity about what could happen and what I saw previously from David Milch kept my attention. I must say that I will give most shows 4 episodes to hook me and it maybe my own stubbornness that gets me with these types of shows (I was attracted to Lost for the same reasons).

I can also say that I have no clue how networks and production companies work but from what I seen they have little patience for a show that is not producing the results that they hoped for. I was surprised to see that an actor from both Deadwood and John from Cincinnati replied to the post, Jim Beaver played Ellsworth on Deadwood and Vietnam Joe on John from Cincinnati. His response just displayed the fact that the things you posts are for the entire internet not just your friends and family.

I think that people get so caught up in their feeling (my god its tv things changes) that they insinuate things about series to help them cope. I am just glad that actor and actresses read and speak up. Change is inevitable. Deal with it.

No comments: