Monday, September 10, 2007

Reading Anyone?

I have been in a bit of a literary mood lately. Don't ask me what that exactly means but I have. I just thought i should pick up a few new books for my bookshelf. Which is bad on so many levels. I will only mention a few. There are so many books I have that I haven't read yet. If I started reading now and a steady but dispassionate (which I doubt I could do) way, I think I have enough reading material for 2 or three years. Next I shouldn't buy any more books until I have storage for them. My bookshelf is packed. It is small in stature but until I upgrade I should buy no more books. Plus I want to sleep. Reading good books really prevents me from doing so.

So what's a girl to do. I had two books in my backpack that I removed for no other reason that sanity. They were The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards (the little gauzing dress on the cover made me by it) and The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.

I want to finish The Dark Tower series by Stephen King and the list goes on.

Now here is the craziest part about this whole post. Are you reading anything good? Got any recommendations?

I will make a recommendation too: When you get a chance read if you already haven't The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother by James McBride. It's a really good piece of non-fiction.

As my sister would say. I need group.

ted.

2 comments:

Pamela Ver Haag said...

I totally want to read Memory Keeper's Daughter.......Can i borrow it sometime?

knochie said...

you sure can Pam. Just let me know when you want to read it.