Monday, November 05, 2007

Writer's On Strike

So I am sure most of you know that writers for tv and film are on strike.

Well if you have this could be a very big deal for those of you who avid tv watchers. Myself included. I am not in the movie or tv business but I think that my insane ability to read a lot of internet in a day gives me a little insight. The shows that are on now depending on how long their season is probably have most but not all of their shows written. Shows starting in January are pretty much in the shitter because they have started writing but probably not enough to get through half the season. Late night shows that are all about what is happening now (you know current news) are definitely screwed.

As for movies depending on how long this strike goes are in much better shape. It takes months to shoot a movie and hopefully it is all written because they start shooting. I bet that there are a a lot of shelved movies and scripts that B, C, or D actors would mind being in. Well we'll see how far the effects go.

I just hope that they (by they I mean Writers Guild of America and Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers) come to an agreement soon so I am not stuck watching split seasons filled with reality shows about making babies or robots or the other reality I don't like. I guess if they added enough drama I'd watch it.

ted.

No comments: