Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Wow what an election

There is something to be said about the presidential race. It was a very interesting one. I don't know if anybody could have expected what we saw tonight. The polls just closed on the West Coast and the news people started to make ther presidential predictions. Once it was announce that our president-elect was Barack Obama there was a cheer within the bar.

This presidency means so much to so many. I don't think that I could think of the many ways this will effect lives or livelihood of those who voted for or against Obama.

With such an historic election in front of us I think it is important to realize the impact.

Those of us that happen to be black - The first black president. I know he was not the first to run but he was the first to have a fighting chance.

Those of us who needed change - This country has had its number of issues over the last 8 years and I must say that if you are bold enough to say change is what we need and be honest about it, there's my vote.

I could go on and on. Here is the thing. This would have been an historic election either way. I still have this mind-blowing excitement and enthusiasm behind this. I just can't wait to see tomorrow's news and react.

This is big and exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one could have summed it up better little sis. Good job