Thursday, December 28, 2006

A New (Bitter) Start

I am going to try harder and I know I have to finish the story from about a million weeks ago.

But right now I have another dilemma. Weight loss. I know I can do it but I just don't want to try.

First off exercise and I guess that is not the bad part. Except for the sweating and having to go somewhere to sweat in front of people. Still I haven't been doing it and that's a problem.

The biggest problem is food. It is not that I am an emotional eater, I don't have food problems like that. I do like food a lot and not the good stuff. I'll eat the good stuff and thats fine but I want to eat that in conjunction with the bad stuff. When I say "bad" I mean bad. Like deep fried items, cheese, chicken, fries. Oh the things that can be deep fried.

I have a love hate relationship with dairy. I love it my body hates it. I am lactose intolerant and its getting worse.

I would like to have something deep fried right now like a chimichanga or something. Man is my life rough. All I want to do right now is eat.

Now that I am bored and a little bitter about having to change my life I will list off the things that I have done and stuck with.

Whole grains - I buy the pasta. Whole grain pasta and its not bad but something has happened. I didn't eat pasta that often and now I eat it even less.

Portion control - Remember when I said I like to eat. I eat less because I am full quicker but I don't always like it.

I am trying to lay off the chips. I am pissed that I even thought about chips now because this chip idea will haunt me for weeks and with chips comes dip. I try to back away.

I am a salt addict and I am trying to cut back. Trying is the word. I cook with less salt that is a big step for me since I used to over salt everything.

This is not going well because I am starving right now.

Boy am I in trouble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can do it... you've accomplished a lot this year, lost a BUNCH of weight & kept it off, got your driver's license, graduated college, got a job (and actually sent christmas cards out this year!).. that's impressive

i know it sucks - i love eating as much as you do, but you can do it.. you look great now already and i think the more important thing at this stage is that you become healthier (ie changing the eating habits) Which, is probably going to be a struggle (as someone whose favorite foods are butter, salt and sour cream i understand), but worth it in the end. you'll be healthier, get sick less, and feel better.. or so that's what the health freaks say. maybe you just eventually get used to eating healthy? ;) maybe in a year i'll start exercising again ;) or maybe i'll make more excuses and have more babies ;) either way - i'm proud of you for getting this far ;) so dont be bitter!!

having chips every once and awhile can't hurt!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jenni. You can do it. Go big Tam and make the change. After a month it won't be that bad. First try little changes and portion control. Get a walking partner or call me and we can do taebo over the phone together.