Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Annoyances

So my morning started unexpectedly early. Although I am having bizarro dreams this one not violent strange nonetheless. I am sure I am not ready to talk about it. Anyway, it had to be approximately 5:15 am when an alarm clock somewhere in the building went off. I will say I have been guilty of this particular wrong doing. Forgetting to turn off my alarm clock when I won't be home to turn it off. I have gotten much better at it though. The thing is I have been having trouble sleeping, I mean a bad bout of various forms of insomnia. It's been probably been over six months since I had a really good nights sleep. Well the thing (the alarm clock) had no owner this morning or the person in charge of it was being an ass. The thing is we have all programmed our selves to wake when that sound happens. Personally I have something called a gentle wake alarm clock that made matters even worse. It starts off with the faintest of beeps and get louder. I had my window open and this alarm sounded similar to the very first beeps of my alarm clock. Which always jolts me awake so I can turn it off. So I was awake and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. The thing is every time I laid still I could her the beeping. I tried putting the pillow over my head even blankets nothing helped. I was not the only one that unhappy by this. The person that lives above me had some sort of violent reaction 15 minutes into it. When he started to scream and stomp around. That was less annoying because it stopped. I eventually turned my radio on so the beeping would go away and I could go back to sleep. As you all know you can not predict what will happen on the radio. It did not produce a quality sleeping environment. Not that I thought it would it sure was better that the beeping. I was over an hour of beeping. I started to get angry much like the man above me. I wanted to perform violent acts upon someone's head but I controlled myself. Just barely. I will never forget to turn off my alarm clock again.

4 comments:

Pamela Ver Haag said...

man...I am sure glad that the walls in our appartment building are made of solid thick CONCRETE, which pretty much sound proofs everything around us!!!

knochie said...

I really did think I was going to lose my mind. Over an hour of faint beeping. At least the radio drowned it out. It's funny how my ears can't pick up some male voices but a faint beep two floors up is very apparent.

Anonymous said...

yeah that apartment building you can hear EVERYTHING! I was constantly calling the manager because of the people who lived above and below me.. not to mention you can hear people cooking, talking, etc.. depending on which wall of the apartment you were standing next too - thankfully i was on the end...

sorry to hear you can't sleep tam!

knochie said...

well I leave on the end to. But the guy that lives aboves me is cranky. The guy that lives next to me has an annoying bird. Below me is 16 inches of concert before the parking garage.