Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's soapbox time

Well, well mixed reviews of Quantum of Solace theme song. That being the new James Bond movie. Today it was debuts on a UK radio station. http://tinyurl.com/4l3yaa you can check it out on Buzz Sugar.

In the UK (at least that radio station) loved it. I have only listened to it once and I liked it. I'll have to listen a few more times though.

Here are my thoughts on the matter. When you do a collaboration with very popular artists in different genres of music you are bound to have varying opinions.

Where do I stand?

I like Alicia Keys. Some times I think her heavier, husky voice needs the right music to accompany it. Maybe I'm crazy but I loved the first two albums and half loved the third.

Jack White definitely has an interesting sound, that I love. Listening to The Raconteurs' Carolina Drama. Both vocally and as a guitarist.

When I first heard of the pair I thought that will be interesting. I am not ready to cast my vote about how well they meshed their sounds together. Take a listen, what do you think?

No comments: