Monday, January 28, 2008

What I'm Drinking

Well last night it was still pretty early and I decided to finish my bottle of Merlot. I opened a bottle of Mano A Mano Tempranillo 2006. I must say not bad. Will it become my new favorite tempranillo? I don;t know I will have to do a side by side comparsion.

I'll know for sure tonight when I have another glass or two. Since I won't be leaving my house tonight.

Update: I was looking online to see if I could remember how much I paid for this wine and I found this gem of information although it was the 2004 Tempranillo they were talking about I found it amusing all the same.

Tasting Notes. Color: Deep black purple ruby, translucent. Aromas: Cherry, pomegranate and hints of meat and bacon fat. The mouthfeel is medium to full bodied, with intense dry gravelly tannins to balance the bold fruit flavors and tart acidity which explode on the palate. The finish is firm with warm echoes of lush red fruit and a dryness that begs another sip.

No comments: